Use of VR in tourism
Use virtual reality to sell and present travel experiences, residential stays and interesting tourist destinations.
Interactive catalog of destinations and objects
Digital destination catalogs offer a huge amount of space for creativity and a clear transfer of a large amount of information. Virtual and augmented reality further enhances these possibilities, both for the purposes of remote presentation and navigation together with providing information in a given destination.
Possibilities of use?
- Remote destination presentation
- Navigation and destination guide
- Representation of places in the period state
Commented virtual tours
Virtual reality is an opportunity for an even more authentic presentation of beautiful and interesting places with a story. The virtual tourist guide through VR is especially suitable for individual presentations with a high degree of authenticity delivered to the user of the virtual tour.
What are benefits of use?
- Accessibility - Tours of inaccessible places
- Tourism marketing - Promotion of places of interest and services
- Monetization - Sales of virtual tours with a detailed commentary over the Internet
Free virtual tours and presentations
Freedom, liberty and transparency - this is how free tours in virtual reality could be defined. The user is not disturbed by anything during the visit - he has full freedom to decide what locations he wants to visit, the amount of information he wants to obtain as well as how long time he wants to enjoy on individual places.
- The user is located on the selected location through the VR headset
- He is not disturbed by any commentator or timeline, he only hears the sounds of the environment
- He has a free view in all directions, or even option of movement around the place
- The user can switch between different locations using a simple graphical interface
Interaction in VR tours
Standard passive virtual tours can be extended with active call to action elements. This allows better user involvement and gives users the ability to self-management of the tour. In addition, the user may receive an offer of a physical product (tour, accommodation, ticket, reservation) directly during the VR tour.
Technology of virtual toursk
360° photos allow an unobstructed view in all directions. Movement around the location is usually possible by a simple transmition (in Streetview style) between places from which the images were shooted. Any audio background, as well as a user interface with viewing options, is solved by processing the tour in the form of a web or platform-oriented application.
360° video has a defined clear line of speed and motion. In the paused playback state, 360° video is very similar to a 360° photo - the user has an unobstructed view in all directions. When creating VR videos, it is necessary to take into account motion sickness caused by a discrepancy between the state of movement perceived by the sight and the calm state of rest of the body. The audio background is part of the video, interactivity and the connection of multiple videos can be achieved by processing in the form of an application.
For full interactivity and natural movement, it is necessary to create a digital twin of real places.This type of processing bring unlimited possibilities of interaction and presentation.
What can be visited through virtual reality?
- Landmarks - Castles, chateaux, churches...
- Cities - introduction to cities, VR city tour guides
- Accommodation - hotels, motels, guesthouses, cottages, airbnb ...
- Attractive places - viewpoints, lookout, towers, beaches, caves, mountain peaks, zoos..
And whatever else comes to mind...